openerp-canada team mailing list archive

l10n_ca_hr_payroll

Hello fellow Canadians!

Hopefully this list is ok to use... haven't seen much on it though.

I'm working on payroll for a Canadian company located in Ontario. They're a construction company with union, non-salaried employees so I've had to add a couple of modules, but I didn't see anything for Canadian payroll so I went ahead and started a module. The rules are nearly completed but I've only done the provincial salary rules for Ontario - I may need to do Quebec in the near future though. I'll be completed and starting testing early next week.

Anyhow, my question: is anyone else working on the Canadian payroll rules? If so, would it be best to incorporate provincial rules into a single localization module or should they remain separate (e.g. l10n_ca_on_hr_payroll, etc)? I'm not entirely sure of the best approach myself - since the provincial calcs are fairly complex stuffing them all into a single rule will make it large, but if there's a requirement for companies with a presence in multiple provinces it may be required. And for the federal rules the calcs are all the same, with the exception of Quebec of course.

Anyhow, if anyone has given thought to this let me know. I'd be happy to help extend the module I've been working on to the other provinces as well, just looking for the best approach to doing so.

Cheers,
John

Follow ups