openerp-canada team mailing list archive

Re: Payroll

This is great news!  I will look at it soon and try to do some testing.

Thanks,
Leigh Willard

On 12-12-03 11:05 AM, Maxime Chambreuil wrote:
Hello,

Pierre Lamarche and I made a first round of development for the quebec payroll module last week. Our achievement is available here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-canada/openerp-canada/6.1-l10n_ca_hr_payroll

Based on John's work, we have worked toward a by-province approach:

Payroll

  * l10n_ca_hr_payroll : base for the payroll of any province. It
    contains federal salary rules common and identical to every
    provinces. It depends on hr_payroll
  * l10n_ca_qc_hr_payroll : Quebec salary rules. The module depends on
    l10n_ca_hr_payroll.
  * l10n_ca_on_hr_payroll : We didn't change anything to it as John
    may be using it on production for some of his customers. Future
    development would be to clean some rules and depend on
    l10n_ca_hr_payroll

Payroll accounting

  * l10n_ca_hr_payroll_account : base for the payroll accounting of
    any province. It creates a payroll journal and updates federal
    salary rules with debit and credit accounts. It depends on
    hr_payroll_account.
  * l10n_ca_qc_hr_payroll_account : This module depends on
    l10n_ca_hr_payroll_account. It updates Quebec salary rules with
    debit and credit accounts.

We used the account code to update salary rules. Therefore, the canadian chart of accounts module (l10n_ca) must be installed and fully configured before installing payroll accounting. You cannot install the chart of accounts and payroll accounting in one shot.

We have added the accounts for payroll in the chart:

https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-canada/openobject-addons/6.1_l10n_ca_hr_payroll

Please report any bug or comment before we merge this in the 6.1 branch.

Enjoy !  :)

--
Maxime Chambreuil
1-514-276-5468 #126