openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: new installation of open erp

Hi Jean-Luc,
I am not sure this is the right place for you getting an answer. I
recommend you the following places with already a lot of resources:
- http://openobject.com/forum/ with already a lot of material and
answers for your question.
- http://doc.openerp.com/ with installation manuel which usually works.
- http://openobject.com/ a lot more information with videos etc...
- https://launchpad.net/~openerp for more technical information.

In your particular case and with no further details, I would try to
check the following:
- did you install properly openerp-server and openerp-web in your
machine, are they up and running (check logs)
- did you properly adapt your openerp-server.cfg/openerp-web.cfg  file
with the server configuration?
- can you ping your server from your client (no unsetup firewall
inbetween etc...)?
- did you install properly openerp-client in the windows machine (if the
screen pops up in principal yes with "no server available")?
- did you configure correctly the OpenERP client in connexion screen
(typically server name/IP, Port 8070 and Net-RPC (Faster))?
- did you try to connect to the server in a web browser (firefox or IE.
I had pb with Safari) with the address: http://x.x.x.x:8080 where
x.x.x.x is the ip of your server?
Depending on all this and answering each question at a time, you will
probably get your openerp up and running.

Best regards

Eric