openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6 into lp:openobject-server

On Sunday 19 December 2010, you wrote:
> digitalsatori has proposed merging
> lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6 into lp:openobject-server.
>
> Requested reviews:
>   OpenERP Core Team (openerp)
>

> register fonts only when needed to improve the report process speed

Well, I have a few objections to that:

1. Please don't touch lines you don't intend to alter. Those ones at the
copyright header, spacing changes etc must NOT be in the commit. It is
important.

2. "if name not in pdfmetrics._fonts: " doesn't sound right. When you issue a
"registerFont" directive, it should /always/ register the Font, IMHO. Or else
the result would be a bit arbitrary, it would depend on other modules having
registered the same font in a different way, wouldn't it? In my opinion, again,
it is better to get an error if two modules try to map the same font to
something different, than silently pick one of them, randomly.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6/+merge/44161
Your team Open ERP Chinese is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6.