openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6 into lp:openobject-server

On Monday 20 December 2010, you wrote:
> 2. Probably my comment on the commit confused you, my intension is to
> register the custom font only once and better off before the report
> rendering time. My modification of the code greatly improve the report
> processing time when the big Chinese font file involved. I've timed the
> difference on my computer with and without the condition test, with the
> test the process time is negligible, without the test every report will
> spend above 3.5 seconds.

My apologies, too. I thought I was reading[1] a different stage of the
initialization.
You are true that if every document tries to parse/register a TTFont of the
Chinese set of symbols, a lot of time will be spent.
But, may I suggest the alternative to just register the font once, (with its
unique name), like l10n_ch does, wouldn't that solve the problem, too?

I will keep a note, that some points of ReportLab may need to be
patched/hacked at some point. Like thread-safety and the ability to have a
'context' for report-specific settings.

[1] I read this patch in a hurry, I admit.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6/+merge/44161
Your team Open ERP Chinese is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-server/V6.