openerp-chinese-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-doc/Chinese-init into lp:~openerp-community/openobject-doc/6.1

Review: Needs Information

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for contributing to the OpenERP documentation/translation!

Would you mind if we renamed the "zh_CN" subdirectory to just "zh" in order to be consistent with the naming of the other translations? (can be done when merging your proposal)

Bonus question: do you actually plan to translate and maintain the OpenERP documentation in Chinese? We have 6 translations active already, and none of them even have the index page translated, except Russian. Partly because the documentation is huge and partially outdated, and partly because our translation system is not very user-friendly.
So at this point, translating large parts of the OpenERP documentation is quite a challenge.
Note that translating "entry point" sections is quite doable, e.g. the index, the community/contribution section, possibly the install chapter, etc.

If you do intend to translate, I will add a "zh" link on doc.openerp.com to make it public :-)

Thanks!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-doc/Chinese-init/+merge/137749
Your team Open ERP Chinese is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-chinese-team/openobject-doc/Chinese-init.