Re: lp:~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_financial_report_webkit_xls into lp:account-financial-report

>> Why you didn't use python/openobject introspection to get the field definition, and they are wired in the code?, IMHO it is not a good approach.

1) OpenERP's field definitions are designed for GUI screen formatting not XLS. We could of course make an extension to the fields class to add rendering defaults for XLS, PDF, ... the 'report_xls' module is brand new, Rome hasn't been build in one day either, We'll add all good ideas into a roadmap and everyone is of course invited to contribute with ideas and/or code.

2) When we inherit from the underlying webkit/rml reports we may also use fields that are not defined as orm fields. My previour remark is more intended to facilitate simple XLS exports that do not inherit from a webkit or rml report (cf. https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/account-financial-report/7.0-account_move_line_report_xls/+merge/192250 for an example of this).

Regards,
Luc