MP status

Hello dear community reviewers,

Just to say few words about status on MP in launchpad.

Doing my firsts steps on community reviewing, though I already had access
to toy with a review sandbox (c2c branches), I came on some thinking about
MP status. So let me propose some little improvements or tell me if I'm
completely wrong on that.

*Old MP without activity -> WIP*
Today, I took few time to change status of MP relatively old MP from "Needs
review" to "Work in progress" in case there was a Need fixing that wasn't
answer for more than 1 month.

This intend to help in filtering what has to be reviewed. So instead of
getting a list of 200+ MP to review, we get a smaller one. And it might
awake the commiter to change it again in need review, thus make his changes.

*2 or more Approves (review) before end of timer -> Approved (MP status)*
An other thing I did was to set few MP in Approve status as there was 2 or
more approve but had to wait the minimum 5 days rule.
That way we can return on the list of MP and see quickly what can be merged
as time is up on the counter for waiting more eye balls. This could avoid
some forgotten MP that could simply be merged. Of course, if in the mean
time someone sees something to change. He can just change the MP status
back to need reviews.

Otherwise when merging a MP, I always takes the time to approve it first.
So the approved revision of  the MP is written in it and it could help to
see if some unasked extra code was added since it was approved.

*Resubmit? Superseed?*
And tell me if I'm wrong, but the "Resubmit" type of review is there to ask
the commiter to create a new MP like on an other branch because he forgot
to aim and missed his target branch. I see the main use from commiter to
say they resubmited and that previous reviews asking for "Needs fixing" are
obsolete. Shouldn't it be a superseed to reset all reviewers? We can do
superseed while keeping comments of previous branch. Last commits can still
be seen in superseeded merge and the diff will be complete.

(Still wondering if my preview mail to community reviewers for accepting me
in was received, anyway in short: glad to be part of it, thanks)

Cheers ans see you next year ;-)
--
Yannick Vaucher
Business Solutions Software Developer