Re: [Merge] lp:~gdgellatly/server-env-tools/base-synchro-7.0 into lp:server-env-tools

Review: Needs Information

Hi,

First of all, thank you a lot for all this work, my further comment doesn't criticize any of your investment in here.

As this module has been abandoned by OpenERP, I'm not sure it's good to have it in our community modules. For what I know about this module he really had lots of bugs.  It only work for small range and simple stuffs, from the point your start making "real cases" you face lots of troubles because it's root design is not really appropriate to support your business cases (translation support, hell hard to debug,...).

So, I ask for your opinion to you all : would you try to assume such module here ? I'm not convinced, but I'm open to discuss it with you all.

My main arguments in favor of rejecting it here is:

 * No atomic job to import object, if one failed, everything stop. We need Atomicity in the synchronization (as we do for the generic connector here https://launchpad.net/openerp-connector

 * Very difficult to debug as it's not atomic. When something fail, you have to investigate everything

 * As far as I know/remember you don't have any logs of what is done or not

 * As it was bad designed and abandoned by the editors, I will rather prefer to develop a clean one base on the community generic connector rather than trying to support this one.

What do you guys think ?

Regards,

Joël

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gdgellatly/server-env-tools/base-synchro-7.0/+merge/200127
Your team Server Environment And Tools Core Editors is subscribed to branch lp:server-env-tools.