Re: [Merge] lp:~savoirfairelinux-openerp/lp-community-utils/nag_refactor into lp:lp-community-utils

On 03/10/2014 10:01 AM, Guewen Baconnier wrote:
On 03/07/2014 07:45 PM, Sandy Carter (http://www.savoirfairelinux.com)
wrote:
@gbaconnier-c2c
Good point about adding functions to Nag, the reason for turning it
into a class is design and optimization.
The rationale about design is very subjective and the one about
optimization is dubious:

http://hastebin.com/neyedexiju.py

Anyway, if it needs methods, and I think the display should be one, then
it makes sense.

It gives the option, like to said, to add functions but also, the
ability to inherit from it.

I do have big plans with the lib, for example, automatic
diff-validating in the style of
(https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/scripts/checkpatch.pl),
specifically checking style, seeing if the diff introduces pep8
errors, removes them, testing the patches with jenkins, commenting on
the MPs, etc.
I have proposed something already:
https://code.launchpad.net/~savoirfairelinux-openerp/lp-community-utils/branch_pep8/+merge/205260

As for the --authenticated option, I think I took it away because it
wasn't referenced or used, I can put it back now, however I will have
no impact. This was a while ago, though, I could have just taken it
out accidentally.
That's right at the time you made the proposal, the option seemed to be
not useful.

The problem with age was that it declared it negatively, then did * -1
again while sorting. I just took out the (-1 * -1 = 1) redundancy. It
also has a one off error where an MP from today is displayed as 1 day
old.

Ok.

Sorry, this email was not intended to be sent on this list but to mp+205257@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

--