Re: OpenERP: OpenERP 6.0.2 is out

On 04/04/11 08:04, Davide Corio wrote:
> Il 03/04/2011 16:15, Whisnu Budhysantika ha scritto:
>> (FYI: I asked this to partner mailing list and it was rejected
>> without any clue.
>
> Maybe because the partner mailing lists is not for technical support
> things

Exactly. Normally the rejection notice explains this, and where you can
go instead for the usual topics - not sure if you received it.

BTW, cross-posting on multiple mailing-lists when asking questions
should be avoided too ;-)

On 03/04/11 16:15, Whisnu Budhysantika wrote:
> Both server using HP Proliant with CPU XEON 2,8GHz and RAM 2GB. In
> both server we create 6 new databases and install all the available
> OpenERP module in the same time. In both server, we need 12 minutes
> to reach the Application Installation Wizard (after database created)

You mean you trigger the installation of 6 empty databases in parallel?
If the databases are really kept empty, it should take about 1 minute to
initialize each, but maybe doing many in parallel will be slower because
of some bottleneck at the DB layer, so 12 minutes might be normal.

> and finally when we choose all the available module and click on
> install button, the OpenERP is down with no server’s error log.

Seriously, you are installing *all* modules? Unless you are doing this
in order to do some benchmark or just for testing, I don't think there
are any good reasons to do that.
Are you doing it with the installation wizard, i.e. step-by-step with
multiple clicks, or through the list of modules, all-at-once?

Installing a lot of modules can take a lot of time, and selecting them
all can easily take longer than the default timeout of OpenERP clients,
resulting in error messages on the client side.
This should usually not interfere with the installation process, so if
you give the server enough time to complete the installation (e.g watch
logs or CPU load), it should just be fine once you reconnect with the
client.

>> The one and only log is comes up on the browser which told us that
>> some python code is error
>
> Did you submit this issue on launchpad.net? (togheter with browser
> versions, selected profiles during installation, etc etc)

If you can determine that there is a bug (it's not clear, given the very
strange use case you have), you should report a bug with sufficient
technical details so that we can reproduce it.