Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/stefan-therp_lp794450 into lp:openobject-addons

On 10-06-11 23:46, Olivier Dony (OpenERP) wrote:
> One more thing occurs to me: since anonymous authentication basically
> means empty name and password, why not simplify the code and the patch
> by just removing the "required" flag on these fields? With clear
> tooltips on the fields, indicating that they should be left empty for
> anonymous binding, it should be pretty intuitive, don't you think?
> This also removes the need for an explicit boolean field that is a bit
> orthogonal with the binddn/password fields. And before calling bind()
> you can test ldap_binddn instead of the flag...
>
> Thoughts?

Good suggestion, thanks. I have updated the code accordingly.
Usability-wise, it seems common to many applications to imply an
anonymous connection when the bind DN and password are left
unconfigured. Ironically in the light of our previous discussion, an
anonymous bind is now performed as I resorted to simply replacing a None
value for the bind DN and password with the empty string. You can now
even have a harmless unauthenticated authentication if your ldap server
allows it by only filling in the bind DN ;-)

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl

https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/stefan-therp_lp794450/+merge/63831
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-addons/stefan-therp_lp794450.