Asserting exceptions in yaml tests

Hi all,

After a quick search on launchpad, and a code read, I couldn't find much
on the matter of cleanly make assertions about exceptions in Yaml tests.

To say it quickly, I'm thinking of an analog of unittest's assertRaises
(http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html#unittest.TestCase.assertRaises)

The documentation in the yaml test guidelines is rather cryptic about that.

Did I miss something ? This is in particular a problem while testing
conditions that are supposed to throw the alert warning dialog : since
this is an exception raising, the tests simply stop.

In any case, if that's something really missing in the yaml testing
framework, I'd be glad to blueprint and implement it (although a
backport to 6.0 branch would be our primary interest)

Cheers

PS: of course it's possible to catch the exception in a !python block
(same in unittest actually). I do believe that lowering the barrier to
write automatic tests is a good thing, though

--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr

Follow ups