Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-client/zehk_use-of-xdg-open into lp:openobject-client

> Hello Zehk,
>
> It seems a good work but I have few doubts... Why do you need to add this
> extra check for 'posix' and for file types ['xdg-open', 'gnome-open', 'kde-
> open'] dont we have this check in _findPDFOpener except for the 'kde-
> open'opener (which can be added there itself) at line 107.
>
> AFAIS the current system do make a check for the applications to be loaded to
> open the files based on their types or am I missing something ?
>

> Thanks,

Hello,

The problem is when you want to open a document, but don't use OpenOffice (LibreOffice, for instance).
The client is not able to detect LibreOffice, so it won't open your document and will finally crash.
It was tested on Debian 6.0.2, using the packaged version of openerp-client (5.0.12) and using the latest version from the bzr repository.

In addition of using a defined list of application, it add a step to check if it can use 'xdg-open', that will take care of finding which application should be launched, according to the user preferences.

Finally, I've just modified the code to use _findInPath, instead of defining a function that do the same job.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-client/zehk_use-of-xdg-open/+merge/77333
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-client/zehk_use-of-xdg-open.