Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/stefan-therp_lp879872-6.1 into lp:openobject-server

Review: Needs Information

Hi Stefan,

The documentation[1] mentions a warning about the use of Popen.wait() in conjunction with the subprocess writing large amount of data to the pipes, and suggests Popen.communicate() as an alternative. We seem to be fully reading the pipes before wait() is called, so I imagine it might be safe, but wouldn't Popen.communicate() be a better match for our use case?

Also, have you by happenstance tested this code on Windows, to make sure the return codes are identical and reliable on all platforms?

Thanks!

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.Popen.wait
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-server/stefan-therp_lp879872-6.1/+merge/80125
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/stefan-therp_lp879872-6.1.