Re: Anyone use IE9?

On 21/11/11 14:33, Olivier Dony wrote:
For v6.0 I think the supported versions of IE include 7.0 and newer, as
mentioned in the documentation:
http://doc.openerp.com/v6.0/install/linux/web/index.html#supported-browsers

It would be a valid bug to report, but I should warn you that it's not
going to get much attention via Launchpad right now, because all
developments have stopped on the 6.0 web client. It's being replaced by
a completely new web client in 6.1, so there's no sense in continuing to
improve it.

Thanks for the information. I sort of guessed that there won't be much done for 6.0 but have reported the bug anyway:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/893503

Users with an OpenERP Enterprise contract can still report bugs for 6.0
via their maintenance channel, of course.

I'm hoping they will be shortly ;-)

You might also want to try switching IE9 to IE8 or IE7 compatibility
mode and see if it fixes the problem.

I think they are fairly happy to run with Firefox if necessary but I have passed on your suggestion.

The 6.1 web client will support IE9 properly.

That's good to hear.

Thanks again.

Alan