Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows into lp:openobject-server

Olivier,

Are you sure it's a good idea to allow context in workflows ?

Workflows are not used for user interface interactions, but for
controlling the
evolution of the object. It has no sense to put context on constraints
and, for
the same reason, I don't think we should allow context in workflows.

An activity should not depend on a context but on data stored on the object.
The goal of the workflow is to easily modify it, add/remove some
transitions, etc.
If we depend on contexts, we may loose this modularity.

I am still not sure about this, but I would not allow the context to be
used in
workflows, for the same reason that it has no sense to put context on
constraints.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows/+merge/85518
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows.