Re: lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows into lp:openobject-server

On 12/14/2011 02:28 PM, Stefan Rijnhart (Therp) wrote:
> The simplest is just to add the keyword argument. If you install all
> addons from openobject-addons/trunk (well, n10l_de breaks for me) you
> can get an idea of the scale of the impact. The query "SELECT
> wkf.osv, wkf_activity.action FROM wkf, wkf_activity WHERE wkf_id =
> wkf.id AND kind =  'function' AND action LIKE '%()%'" gives you some
> 80 methods to convert.

You also need to be careful with a few other fields that are evaluated
during the course of workflow execution, such as 'trigger_expr_id' or
'condition' on workflow transitions.

> The person to prepare such a merge could temporarily hack in Nan's
> introspection check to iterate over these methods at loading time to
> see if all have been covered.

Yup. Similarly, changing browse_record to default to an empty dict
context when no context is passed would make it pass that context
automatically to all workflow-called methods. If this does not trigger
too many false positives in other places, running the full test suite
(as runbot does) with such a server would validate that all relevant
methods have been indeed updated.

> The question is whether this 'last minute'(?) API change is fair
> towards 3rd party addon developers but AFAIK stranger things have
> been pulled off in this community ;-) In that respect it would be
> informative when a proper RC1 is planned.

This seems acceptable before releasing RC1, but we probably won't have
the resources to do it internally. If anyone from the community is ready
to do this (just changing the API of business methods called by
workflows to allow an optional context), we would however be happy to
review and merge it.
RC1 is planned very soon (if possible before the end of the year),
provided we are able to finish stabilizing the new web client and bring
down bugs and merge props to an acceptable level (something like 0
remaining Medium+ bugs, less than 40 pending R&D merge proposals, and 0
pending merge proposals from the community)
This post[1] from Fabien on the forum provides some more details on what
we're still working on.

[1] http://www.openerp.com/forum/post96294.html#p96294

PS: sorry if you receive this msg twice, I'm re-posting to the mp for
the record.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows/+merge/85518
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openobject-server/context-in-workflows.