Re: esale_joomla installation:

On 01/13/2012 04:24 PM, Daniel Stenlöv wrote:
Hi Jan and Stefan.

I'm working on a new wizard for the esale_joomla module (it should really be called esale_virtuemart, since there are more then one eSales solution for joomla) and I'm writing a new plugin for ViruteMart. The Plugin should be ready on Monday and the wizard is actually ready, but untested and will do it on monday.

The files will be uploaded to https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/extra-trunk-esale_joomla. I hope it will later be moved into the extra-trunk. The esale_joomla does really need to be updated.

Hi Daniel,

your work is much appreciated! How do you feel about starting up a small community project on launchpad for this particular module with team+mailinglist, bugs, branches, answers and translations? We can merge with extra-addons from there, or simply add such a LP project to the apps site and remove the module from extra-addons altogether.

Cheers,
Stefan.

But the files I have modified should work for now. I haven't tested all features yet. I have only tested the import features, so far. There is a small warning. The vm database tables prefix need to be set to vm (default), if not the old plugin included will not work. You can wait for the plugin I'm writing and it should solve the issue. I have corrected the old plugin, so you can select any prefix for the joomla database tables.

The new wizard will make it possible to import products from a VirtueMart 1.5 system, so you can map it up against the OpenERP products. Now the mapping isn't really good and I hope the added wizard will make it alot easier to setup a already running VirtueMart with a OpenERP.

I'm also going to change the tree view for the web product categories menu, but I think I will do that later.

Remember to pack the connector included into a zip file and install it in the joomla backend. I hope this helps. To update your installation Jan, just copy the trunk files over the files in your addons directory and do a "update/install" in OpenERP.

Have a nice weekend.
/Best wishes, Daniel

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan