Re: lp:~openerp-community/openerp-web/trunk-gantt-view-add-progress into lp:openerp-web

> Please, can you explain BETTER why replace a HARD CODED qty is a NEW feature?

OpenERP's Gantt views don't have a notion of progress (hence no progress attribute in gantt views) at this point.

Adding a notion of progress to OpenERP's gantt view is a new feature (handling of progress).

I'm not sure what's controversial about it.

The value in openerp-web was only "hard-coded" because there was no provision for "soft-coding" it since there was no support for progress in gantt tasks. Hence the "value" was used on solely stylistic purposes, to display a filled bar (from my understanding, dhtmlxGantt requires some sort of value for progress, a value in ]0, 100[ would be misleading, the value 0 would be ugly — as it only displays borders. The value 100 was picked because it looks acceptably good.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp-web/trunk-gantt-view-add-progress/+merge/89649
Your team OpenERP Community is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-community/openerp-web/trunk-gantt-view-add-progress.