Re: A need of expert validated modules

On Saturday, 2 June 2012, Eric Caudal wrote:

> In our region (Shanghai area), we have the need for advanced manufacturing
> features ....
> Any thoughts?...
>
> FWIW, I think that there is scope for expert groups to take on aspects of
OpenERP (Manufacturing, for example), in the same way as OpenERP itself. So
you may take on manufacturing, and hope to be endorsed by OpenERP itself,
and hope not to be overtaken by a fork of the project. Then you would need
funding, like OpenERP itself, or the endorsement and time of an independent
group like a University - that may already be seen to be expert in the area
that interests you.

If you don't get the endorsement of OpenERP you might choose a specific
version of OpenERP - or you might keep to 'the latest version' whichever
that might be. If you're running the Manufacturing (say) group you could
set your own policy about documentation.

And if you were to be overtaken by other groups you could choose to take
their code into yours (if the licence enables that) or to give up or to
redirect to another project entirely - that's Open Source for you !

All the best,
Geoff

Geoff Gardiner