Re: OpenERP 6.1 transaction issue

On 18-06-12 10:16, Sam Lefever wrote:
Dear community,

We are facing a problem passing our code in 6.1 version.
We try to insert data in a transaction and in the same transaction, looking for those data.
It was working perfectly in 6.0, but not anymore in 6.1.

Does someone have an idea for what is the change between versions?

Hi Sam,

What it reminds me of is the need to refresh browse records after having written to them (in OpenERP 6.1):

   partner = self.pool.get('res.partner').browse(cr, uid, 1)
   print partner.name # prints old name
   self.pool.get('res.partner').write(cr, uid, {'name': 'New name'}
   print partner.name # prints old name
   partner.refresh()
   print partner.name # prints new name

But this was more problematic in 6.0 as the refresh() method was not yet available, and a new browse record needed to be created instead.

If you are facing a different issue, can you give a snippet of the code that illustrates your problem?

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan