Re: uninstalling base_contact

Hi,
We implemented base_contact because it is a better model for the world we
deal with (large companies with multiple offices, and with consultants and
project managers that change or perform multiple roles often). The book and
documentation around 6.0 all made base_contact sound like it was a central
(supported) element of OpenERP but we've been disappointed to find that the
implementation was a bit half-baked (installing it turned all "contact"
references in other modules to "address" type references).

We muddled through a 6.1 upgrade and adapted everything to suit the "new"
base_contact model which was better in design but still pretty broken in
implementation. Now I see that there's a new model coming in 7 again. Aside
from me trawling through code, does anyone have (or can point me to) any
documentation or a brief description of what's proposed for 7?
Cheers,
Mark