Re: Community project Last updates

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Joël Grand-Guillaume <
joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Some informations about the last (suggested) changes after your feedback,
> hopes, and fears ;)
>
> Project title:
> --------------
> I renamed the project title with " OpenERP * " prefix so we can identify
> them more easily when assigning bugs (this was suggested by some of you).
> The branches and LP project name are still unchanged.
>

> Bug tracker:
> ---------------
> I don't took the time to activate all bug tracker on every project right
> know. Anyone from the "OpenERP community reviewer" team can do it easily if
> needed. For others, I suggest to email us in case you need it.
>

> Review and Merge proposal (6.1 and 7.0 series):
> As we committed our own Camptocamp's module in the new community project
> without review, and to be fair with everyone, I suggest the following about
> the reviews.
> On the 6.1 serie of all new community projects, we make more softened
> review of the modules. This will smoothly bring everybody to a better
> quality level while still accepting the today's existing and acceptable
> modules.
>
> This means, community modules on version 6.1 will accept module that are
> not "perfect", but on the other hand will incite the developer to push the
> quality a step further on every MP. This is mostly due to the fact that we
> don't have defined quality standard right now and we need to start building
> our community ecosystem anyway.
>
> But... For future serie 7.0, I'll suggest that we really take care of
> which module we accept on every community project, and with which quality
> standard. This means, we WON'T BRANCH the 6.1 serie to starts the 7.0 one.
> We'll rather extract all modules from it, and built a MP to an empty 7.0
> branch. Each MP on serie 7.0 will be reviewed more deeply as we will know
> we'll gonna maintain it over years together.
>
> I think this is a fair approach that will both allow existing module with
> a fair quality to be part of the "adventure" while ensuring strong basis
> for the future !
>
> Review documentation:
> ------------------------------
>
> I'll point here the LP documentation about reviewing merge and also added
> it to the official doc.openerp.com :
> https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Review
>
> I also read this : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviewsand find it very interesting as a starts to build our own rules. Anybody
> wanting to write a first draft of our own from this ?
>
> GTK client:
> --------------
>
> Apparently no majority will to make a community branch of the GTK client.
> I let the interested people organize their-self together to starts a common
> [...]

Thanks for your update, so about Medical yesterday with Nhomar, so our
company Gnuthink will sopport officially Medical, there is a community
developer Mario Arias (maybe is reading me) who has new updates from
Gnu/Health.

We hosted a project in LP https://launchpad.net/openerpmedical.

> Future suggestions:
>
> - GIS for OpenERP
> - Community Web addons for OpenERP

With Geoengine this matters, and web addons will be the most used feature
in next version.
Create a branch for GIS and Web will help us.

About the review rules i wrote a little draft[1] with topics to review,
please check it and improve it.

Regards,

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sRr8FO6DqsSCQZm3oI4OW0sTYzk7lLZESH4NxOr5LVg/edit