Re: OpenERP: OpenERP MS dos txt reports

2012/12/5 Eduardo Winter <eduardo.winter@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:eduardo.winter@xxxxxxxxx>>

Has anyone has done report exports from OpenERP to ms Dos text
format with very specific spacing and sequenced document name
generating?. We need to export many reports to .txt from OpenERP
for automated bank payroll payments and government tax reports...
Right now we are using Jasper reports for most special reports but
neither Jasper reports or OpenERP can export directly to ms dos
format text documents.

Jasper Reports can export to html, csv, xls, rtf, odt, ods, txt, pdf.
You set the type in ir.actions.reports.xml (Settings->Customization
->Low Level Objects->Actions->Reports).
That should get the data in roughly the right shape. Then if necessary
you could add some code to jasper_report.py to polish it up, or post-
process it with an external tool.

Martin