Re: OpenERP on Solaris

Hi Samir,

As OpenERP is no more than running a python program, it should work
normally, but here we tried to run OpenERP on RedHat and we got a problem
with the Python 2.7 distribution, kind of a bug, as it wasn't supported a 4
level imbricated if. To make it run on RedHat we had to take the 2.6.x
python version.

Anyway it wasn't due to OpenERP.

Things that you should take into account is to be sure that you have all
the python dependencies that OpenERP will need to run on Solaris. And
before make running anything on production ask OpenERP if the Entreprise
support contract will support OpenERP on solaris otherwise you will be on
your own.

Kind regards,
Houssine