Invoice due date calculated from validation date, not invoice date

It seems that in OpenERP 7.0, the due date for an invoice is calculated from the current time when it was validated, not the invoice date. In our business, if a customer wants an invoice backdated (usually so they can cram expenses into a budget period at the last moment), they must also accept that we won't give them as much time to pay, since we would calculate the due date as 30 days from whatever invoice date they want.

Do other businesses not do the same? Is there any trivial way to change this behaviour or should I look at a custom module?

Follow ups