UTC and date fields.

Hi

We are using OpenERP version 6.1 on Mexico's western timezone (UTC minus 7).

Since the server uses UTC, whenever an account_move gets created after 5 p.m. its date is set to the next day. That wouldn't be a problem if the date field of the account.move object were of the type datetime. In that case we would add (or subtract) the appropriate offset and obtain the correct date. The way things are, however, we have no way of knowing if a movement took place on the date stored or on the day before (with implications for taxes as well as monthly reports, etc.)

I understand the need to represent something as a date (with no hour) but we cannot, at present, accurately represent the date of an account.move because the hour is not included in the date.

  Shouldn't all the columns of type date be of the type datetime ??

  Arturo Galvan
  OpenBIAS S. de R.L. de C.V.

Follow ups