Point of Sale in many stores

Hi guys,

How would we go about implementing Point of Sale in our stores? I would
like to have Head Office getting all the sales information from the stores
but where the stores can continue to function when their internet
connection is down.

Is there any documentation on this yet?

Some questions I would like to get answered are as follows:

   1. How would we keep products and employee synchronised between head
   office and each store? Preferably each store should just needs it's own
   employees on their system.
   2. Where would we do stock control? In the store as the sale happens or
   at head office as the sales are imported?
   3. How can we keep sales and stock separate for each store? Kind of like
   cost centres. These would need to filter through all accounts.
   4. Drawing a blank right now but I am sure there will be more
   questions.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards
Andrew Higgs

Follow ups