openerp performances for live e-commerce

Hi all,

I’m wondering if OpenERP is well designed to handle many xml-rpc requests from client ?

I’m writing an e-commerce app with this architecture :

openerp (+ other tools) < kind of proxy interface written in django handling client requests, returning json < clients over the Internet (website, mobile app).

But other e-commerce integration seem to synchronize openerp with e-commerce framework rather than interrogate openerp live (see tools from zizakmedia, or openerp-magento connector from camptocamp & akretion (and others.) ). Is there a a fundamental reason to do things that way ? Is OpenERP too slow ? I know it was probably not developped for this kind of usage, but I keep wondering ;).

PS. You may say i should use a tool like magento, but i find those tools too cumbersome for my needs.

regards,
Rodrigue

Follow ups