Re: creating freight / shipment / logistics modules

On 08/01/2013 11:55 PM, Juan Cristobal Lopez Arrieta wrote:
I will like to share opinions/experiences.
We have a customer in export/import/freight forward/logistics
But the implementation is constrained by an existing system (Magaya), so is not clean interms of openerp structures

Interesting, I imagine there's many systems like Magaya that could be integrated with OpenERP (or partially replaced by OpenERP)

Since there's no standard or 'base freight modules' to build on, all integrators have to create their own modules which are usually "just enough to get their job done".

I look forward to discussing this topic.

I wonder how freight handling differs between countries. Especially truckload and less than truckload (LTL)