Buildout recipe : changes after 1.7.0

Hi all,

Version 1.7.0 of the buildout recipe introduced "openerp scripts"
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/anybox.recipe.openerp#openerp-scripts), is
easier to use in virtualenvs (almost necessary with zc.buildout 2.2) and
has lots of improvements in VCS support.

Here is what we thought of for next major version. Any
thoughts/comments/ideas are very welcomed !

- new Sphinx-based documentation.

  This one is a long-term effort. I hope in particular we'll be able to
include interesting sample use-cases, and we'd like to encourage people
to contribute some. I do have a branch to merge, but that's a mere
starting point.
  (tracked in https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1203552)

- OpenERP v5 support

  Some of us do have old installations to maintain, and can't upgrade,
for whatever non-disputable reason. There's a branch for that, still a
bit of work before it's ready to be merged.
  (tracked in https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1090044)

- Refactor of the packaging-related features (freeze-to,
extract-downloads-to)

  I suspect these aren't much used outside of Anybox. It's currently
quite awkward and there's a flaw in freeze-to that can lead to
surprises. I'd like very much to replace them by scripts that could be
run independently.
As a side note, producing a tarball of sources is really useful for AGPL
compliance. We (Anybox) hope to be able to fully automate this in the
near future.

That's it, any ideas, questions ? What would be cool to you ?

Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr
Bureau: 09 72 39 50 97 / 09 72 39 13 06
Portable: 06 51 32 07 27