Re: real-time OpenERP implementation strategy - comments?

On 2013-08-05 14:59, Dale Scott wrote:

> Is this reasonable? Possible? I'd really appreciate some specific direction
> if anyone has some thoughts.

OpenERP uses the PostgreSQL database. It would be better to use that
rather than MySQL for your data integration. PostgreSQL has FDW that
would likely help with that:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

Once you have your data coming in and being integrated you will be able
to report on it directly using JasperReports or the like.

Then you can figure out what shape it needs to be for OpenERP and you
will be well placed to import it, perhaps with the aid of a custom
OpenERP module.

A good knowledge of PostgreSQL and some OpenERP development skills will
be necessary. Unless you have a lot of time and dedication I'd say hire
a programmer. In which case you'll need a lot of time and money :-)

Martin