Re: Usability features branches

It's good to have them at least linked in this discussion thread for now,
when I (or anyone else for that matter) can get around to it we can start
summarizing what sort of usability modules exist.

Ferdinand,
If possible could you highlight some of the modules that impact usability
and give a description of the functionality it brings ? Also not sure if
all of the modules included here are usability related ? If so I don't
think we'd need to highlight all of them but could you talk a bit about
those that are recent and might apply in a very generic sense.

I will try to post a similar description of a few generic modules we have
released at https://launchpad.net/agaplan-addons/7.0

= agaplan_terms_and_conditions =
A module that will inject a pdf of choice into any report of your choosings
with option conditions expressed similar to (but not exactly like) domains.
It will allow you to add for example sales terms to any invoice or a
discount coupon for any sale order printed between 2 dates using an
expression like :
It offers options how to inject the pdf:
* every other page (for recto-verso printing)
* as first page
* as last page

What could be improved:
* use real orm domains for faster/secure condition checking
* check if the monkey patch injection can be handled better now
* possible bugs when printing multiple records at once where some match
conditions and others don't
* see if we can merge this module and it's webkit version together
(agaplan_webkit_terms_and_conditions)

= sale_double_validation =
A module that was based on purchase_double_validation in official addons
but now for sale orders.

= xml_export =
An xml exporting module that allows you to define/change export definitions
from the client interface.
It offers an option to xml validate using XSD, RNG, Schematron (only xsd
tested atm).

It's a complex module meant as a starting point for developers that needs
more testing to see if all required xml operations are covered.
Since it's a basic module without any examples it's a hard module to grasp
what you can do with it, this is something that should be documented.
User interface could use some better terms so that end-users can more
easily understand how the export definitions work so they can tune it as
required.
I have used this module for example to create a SEPA export module

What could be improved:
* provide a public sample of module usage for developers
* test rng/schematron validations
* should this module even be needed, is it not easier to create mako/jinja
templates to generate xml

Originally I had envisioned a counter part to this module to be able to
import xml as well, a basic implementation is also in the same branch
called agaplan_import but I never got around to writing a
agaplan_import_xml (only a csv implementation is available)

Regards,
Niels