Re: Central Project for POS

Currently we have a very basic app created for use as a driver for PoS devices to work with OE, you can see it here: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

Currently there is a very basic development ans there is work for many corrections and upgrades.

On 21/10/13 21:29, Raphael Valyi wrote:
Speaking about the POS,
in case some of you think Twitter is just for kidding and missed the news, here is a very complete overview of the technical part of it (hey functionally a POS isn't that complex anyway)
http://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/tutorial-module-creation-pos-modification-english-version/

BTW, here in Brazil our biggest need would be more about packaging this web app into a standalone desktop application (like dead Mozilla Prism technology) so that it could eventually be binary certified and signed as required by law. A huge amount of work anyway...

So +1 if there is some project.

In case not everything could be done with extension modules, me and other people already set up git mirrors of bzr branches. Unlike with bzr, with git you have something that works that is called "git-subtree" that can allow to extract an OpenERP module seamlessly from its mother branch, while still easily getting upstream updates and proposing merges to upstream [1]. That could be used to get a git branch (eventually mirrored again to LP automatically as we do for Brazilian l10n_br [2] for the LP die hard) to create an improved version of the POS or some other module. Then just prepend the module in your addon-path before the regular addons and you are done. There are already teh OCB branches, but today the OCB branches limit to bugfix and if there start having improved derivatives branches, I'm not sure this is manageable altogether unless this is done on a per-module basis.

Regards

[1] https://github.com/akretion/openerp-addons |server|web
[2] http://makingsoftware.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/using-git-subtrees-for-repository-separation/ [3] https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-core-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/l10n_br_core-7.0 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-brazil-core-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/l10n_br_core-7.0> [4] hey look how serious looks that [] formal writing; we can fake it too ;-p

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant