New booking chart and web core modules

Hi community !

We are working on new modules at Trobz company and we decided to publish them.

*Booking Chart module*

A booking chart view, very flexible:

- Display any resources in a booking chart
- Easy scrolling navigation
- Resource lazy loading
- Zoom levels (from 1 week to 6 months)
- Auto-merge overlapping resources
- Native OpenERP search/group supported on listed resources
- Manual period selection
- Period freeze/unfreeze button
- Mixin to link any OpenERP model with resources booking

This module is hosted on github: https://github.com/trobz/openerp-booking-chart presentation page (with a nice video): http://trobz.github.io/openerp-booking-chart <http://trobz.github.io/openerp-booking-chart/>

A "demo_task" module is available on the repository if you need a quick overview.

*Web Unleashed module
*

The booking chart is the first public module using our core web module.
We called it Web Unleashed because it's really the feeling we have when we started to use it :)

Web Unleashed enable the development of rich new views in OpenERP and solve some common issues.

- clear MVC pattern, based on Backbone and Marionette... with all their documentations !
- new namespace to organize and get access to your objects
- full-featured Backbone Models with OpenERP JSON-RPC API support
- QWeb rendering for Marionette views
- base objects to build custom views (Pager, Grouped Collection, Extended OpenERP View, State manager...)
- unit tests for basic functionalities

In my opinion, the biggest advantage is the use of well known libraries like Backbone and Marionette, coming with good documentations and helps already... something that is really missing natively on openerp-web.

All the code is documented and a big part is unit tested.

The module is also hosted on github: https://github.com/trobz/openerp-web-unleashed

The "demo_todo" module is a good start to go inside web unleashed :)

Hope the community will enjoy these new modules, more coming soon !

Michel Meyer

Follow ups