Re: TermintaOOOR OpenERP Version 7

Hello Steven,

TerminatOOOR does work with OpenERP v5 to v7 yes. We just imported a half
million of companies (partners) in a single OpenERP database here on a v7
project.

Now, the annoying thing is that Github stopped to host executable binaries
so you would have to run ant to build it.
Alternatively you can download it from Akretion s3 bucket:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/akretion/code/TerminatOOOR.tar.gz

Some news about TerminatOOOR and OOOR:

Again, TerminatOOOR isn't the fastest importation/exportation tool since it
uses the OpenERP RPC layer, but it's the most powerful instead because you
get the full OpenERP API access from within a powerful ERP data flow (you
can import a sale order with ETL tools, trigger on_changes, AND valid it
triggering the workflow AND script using Ruby when ETL tools aren't enough).

In fact, I should also soon release a new OOOR version (OOOR 2.0) and also
release a new version of TerminatOOOR using it. OOOR 2.0 has a lot of
commits over the OOOR 1.x series
https://github.com/akretion/ooor/commits/master

For TerminatOOOR it doesn't change much. But the real change is for Rails
en web applications in general: it now follows ActiveRecord API more
closely, to a point where most of Ruby tooling (form_for, simple_form,
rails_admin...) just work with it and so with OpenERP out of the box.
It's also multi-session oriented now. This is perfect to have different
OpenERP proxies according to connected user profile (mapped to an OpenERP
user or not, or to just an OpenERP partner + generic user + dynamic access
rule eventually).
It's also integrated with Devise generic (oauth compatible, highly
encrypted 'n co) Ruby user management solution.

There are also terrific additional layers upon OOOR like OOOREST
https://github.com/akretion/ooorest
which make OpenERP REST with the same REST API and underlying libs from
Rails.

There is also AKTOOOR https://github.com/akretion/aktooor
which bridges OpenERP with from_for and simple_form, it's nearly a Ruby
(Rails or Sinatra or other) OpenERP web-client.

There is also ERPIFY https://github.com/akretion/erpify
Think about shopify magic Liquid markup integration to any third party web
app, but for OpenERP instead. And yes that works with revolutionary CMS
like LocomotiveCMS http://www.locomotivecms.com/

I'll soon blog about all that as we are currently in beta testing of a
Brazilian website which is I believe is the largest website powered by
OpenERP. It's even using the CampToCamp connector job queue, but with
Apache SolR to provide big data abilities to OpenERP for the front-end.
It may eventually extend to other countries later. Stay tuned.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant