Version numbering

Hi, community,

When we agreed community conventions, we talked about changing version
numbering in two ways:

   - Change minor version number when *any* fix/improvement/etc that
   doesn't change DB layout.
   - Change major version number for big refactorizations or changes that
   affects DB layout, and create migration scripts if needed.

But I see that pretty no one (including me) has followed this convention in
the contributions, so I ask for a more strict control of this question on
the reviewing process or a change in the convention. I think that we
shouldn't relax this convention, because it's very useful to see a
different version number when any change is made (and can also benefit the
update system used by OpenERP S. A.).

Another question is: this must be applied also to OCB branch?

Regards.

Follow ups