Re: OpenERP - industry-grade Weighing Scale Integration References?

On 2014-01-08 08:50, Sven Petersen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if there are References for industry-grade Weighing
> Scale (Bizerba, Avery-Berkel, …) Integrations in the food – processing
> industry?

I can't offer a reference but I have done this. You need to get your
scale on the network so OpenERP can talk/listen to it. If it is a
serial device get a serial-to-ethernet adapter, widely available for 50
USD or so.

If your workflow allows you to query the scale for a reading this is
easily done in a normal module via the socket library.

If your workflow involves the scale operator pressing a button on the
scale to take a reading then you should set the adapter to use UDP. Then
you need to get OpenERP to listen for the UDP packets from the scale.
The best way to do this I think is to write a server-wide module (like
the web module) and use the threading library to spawn a thread for each
incoming reading.

You will need to know the protocol the scale speaks, but that is usually
in its user manual.

Martin