Re: About encryption in database

> I would need it for a float or m2o so as is this seems limited for my use

Does encrypting IDs really make sense?

For encrypting float/int/char fields (very short plaintexts have their own
challenges), the more I think about it, the more I think the right way to do
that would be creating a text field that holds some text representation of all
encrypted float/int/char fields for the model in question and patch the fields'
get/set function do read/write from/to there. In the most simple
implementation, you would encrypt all of them together, but having different
keys for different fields should work too.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Holger Brunn - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: holger@xxxxxxxx