Re: Laoding demo data

On 2014-02-11 00:42, Ray Carnes - Implementation Strategy wrote:

OK - I finally identified the problem:

There is no way to control in which way the modules are loaded, OpenERP determines the module dependency correctly
BUT
there is no way to tell openerp to load OpenERP standard modules before others which modify the base tables in a way that standard demo data fail to load.

I thought inserting "sequence":500 into every __openerp__.py would fix the problem, bit it does not.

the only workaround I found

1) load all modules from OpenERP with demo data
2) load all other modules.

hope that helps someone

No, this isn't the way I understand it to work.
The standard module will be installed first, along with the standard
module's demo data.

The custom module will be installed next, along with the custom module's
demo data (if any).  If the field is mandatory, and has no default value
defined, and has no demo data, it will be blank.

Ray.