[anybox.buildbot.openerp] should bootstrap.py be run with python -S?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to setup anybox.buildbot.openerp, I've succeeded in
doing my first builds.

I had to tweak a bit the recipe, and I'm not sure if the tweak in
question deserves an option, some hardcoding or a fix in the setup of my
build slaves.

The setting:

the build slaves runs on a Debian or Ubuntu boxes on which
python-setuptools 0.6.24 is installed.

In that case, running "python bootstrap.py --find-links
../../buildout-caches/eggs -c ocb-7.0.cfg --version=2.2.1" fails with
the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 159, in <module>
    ws.require(requirement)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 686, in
require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 588, in
resolve
    raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (setuptools 0.6c11
(/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages), Requirement.parse('setuptools>=0.7'))

It is possible to work around this by using "python -S bootstrap.py ..."
or by removing python-setuptools from the slave.

At Camptocamp we generally build our OpenERP buildout by bootstrapping
with python -S to fully insulate the buildout from the system packages,
so I'd be tempted to do this, but I understand that it can be necessary
to use system packages (typically for aeroo reports, because rebuilding
python-uno and LibreOffice is quite painful).

I temporarily added the -S flag locally to get going, but I'm interested
in hearing people's opinion on this (and I can probably create a smarter
fix once an agreement has been reached).

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet

Camptocamp France SAS