Re: About the OCB branch structure

Thanks, that makes sense indeed.
For what it's worth I found out that OCB-specific changes are not too hard to find out visually using "bzr qlog".
Lionel

Le 07/03/2014 11:22, Stefan a écrit :
Hi Lionel,

thank you for your interest in OCB 7.0!

I see the following advantages to the replay approach:

- having manual merges on a branch makes it very difficult to tracking
the current patch level + additional (manual or merged) changes on top
of that
- conflicts with changes in upstream are guaranteed to be resolved
(there have been a few)
- it also simplifies the installation of OCB: just branch from a
different location. Therefore, instant compatibility with approaches
like buildout or custom scripts to setup OpenERP.

Of course, the downside of the approach is that it is a little more
difficult to track changes which are OCB specific.

Cheers,
Stefan.