Rationale for proposing the project "openerp-nomenclature" to join the OCA projects

Sorry, my mail was sent unfinished so here's a little more context to it.
Long story short, this project was started when I proposed to include an official nomenclature of partner categories from the EU into OpenERP. It was well received on the principle, but it was refused nonetheless because it would have made the core addons too big.

By adopting this as a community project, we would have a place where we could all add all kinds of official lists : partners or product categories, references of food additives, postal codes for many countries... We can't easily add those to other projects or we would make them very bulky and unpractical.

Lionel Sausin.