Re: Anybox Migration Tool

Le 21/03/2014 10:46, Erdem Uney a écrit :
Dear All,

We have a large, misconfigured database. We want to setup a new database without unnecessary modules and with some modules to set them up later on. I have found Anybox Migration Tool but haven't tested yet. And I realized there is only mapping for 6.1 to 7. Does anyone know a better way to do this from 7 to 7? Because exporting and importing in simple terms is not working as expected. Or any advice is welcome.

Hi, if you want to migrate from 7.0 to 7.0, you just have to write your own mapping, which should take only 2 lines per module, using a global wildcard : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/anybox.migration.openerp#copying-everything

For example :

sale:
    .*:

You should do this for all the modules you want to migrate, it should map all fields from the source db to the same fields of the target db.

If the global wildcard doesn't work, you may contribute a fix, or otherwise try a simple wildcard, which has been actually used for real on 6.1→7.0 migrations, for tables whose schema was unchanged. But it needs to add a mapping line for every table this time.

Example :

sale:
    sale_order.*:
    sale_order_line.*:

etc...

If you don't want to manage the real module list, you probably can do this by exporting the whole table list and insert each table name under the "base" module:

base:
    sale_order.*:
    sale_order_line.*:
    res_partner.*: