OpenERP Enterprise with custom modules

Hi,

Denis Ledoux asked why customers cannot use saas:

 *beLedouxDenis*
@domatix_tech @odony The true question is why do you think you can't meet
your customer requirements on our saas platform.
10/04/14 23:32 <https://twitter.com/beledouxdenis/status/454371378603782144>

I would really like to put customers on the OpenERP Enterprise Online. It
would make me feel good to pay something back to the authors. What I need
from the saas:

   1. ability to add custom modules; they don't need to be supported by
   OpenERP and they must be pre-approved by them; my interest is to use
   only modules which add localization functionality; others might be
   interested in vertical solutions; important thing is that customer specific
   customizations are not a good fit for custom modules on saas
   2. bugfixes for standard saas (as currently offered)
   3. bugfixes for custom modules are responsibility of the partners
   4. upgrades for standard AND custom modules (I'm willing to help with
   upgrading custom modules); if custom modules that are used by many
   customers, they don't add much work to the upgrade process (remember no
   customer specific customizations on saas)

I can host OpenERP on my own infrastructure but then the enterprise
contract seems expensive as many things are not included anymore. This
doesn't mean I wouldn't pay at least 10% back to OpenERP but they don't
have a 'contract' for such contributions yet. We pay more in VAT than many
partners are paying back to those who enabled them to sell their services.

I would like OpenERP to be successful but it looks like it will go the way
other proprietary ERPs went. Partner model is a sign of this. Taking money
from those that should bring in the customers is not a good idea. If
customers would be on saas then OpenERP gets revenue from them and doesn't
need a revenue from partnership fees.

By doing the same as others, you get the same results. By being different,
you can succeed in ways beyond your dreams.

Kind regards,
Borut

Documentation for OpenERP
Web: UseOpenERP.com <http://useopenerp.com/>