Re: About depreciation of audittrail. Survey.

Sorry for being rude, my point here was simply that if somebody really wants something it's probably easier to work on it than to convince someone else to do it.

For OpenERP Enterprise customers, our the migration service will find a solution for a smooth upgrade path on specific basis. (most likely base_action_rules). Maybe they will fix the module to make it work for v8. But this will happen after june.

We decided to move auditail to extra (with other modules) as we think they dont meet the quality standard for a long term release and we have alternative solutions to the use case (althought not fully equivalent). Auditrail in trunk is broken since 1 year and the only MP about it was made by Stefan Rijnhart 2 years ago.

I want to close the merge window for v8 and we will merge wms this week and new api next week (not sure 100% yet). So even if we fix auditrail it will be later and the module wont be part of v8.

Sometime i have to decide to stop supporting bad code because it increase the technical debt too much. It then becomes a nightmare for the openerp enterprise team to support. It happened with the gtk client, and caldav in v7.

If i'm wrong, thanks to the open source nature of openerp, then i'm sure people will come to fix and maintain the code. I'm actually interested by the result of the survey. I just think that, often, time is better spent on code than on twitter :)

The good news is that after the wms merge quentin and his team will work full time on improving account and account localisations.