Re: How will price per user really work?

Hello,

It is quite difficult to compare the prices of different systems as every company offers slightly different services especially when it comes to support. Due to the fact that the support is only a community support, then the basic proposal can be considered as hosting only.  In the comparison with other packages, this should also be an indicator.

The price per user, if you use all modules but manufacturing (because, the standard will not fit most producing companies, so that they will have to go to premise installation), the price changes from 35€ to 120€, that makes a 3.4 times more expensive than it is now. This is a massive price increase. Only the market will tell us, if it is acceptable or not.

I was wondering if you could do anything like Freshbook that allows accountants to be registered by them and so an accountant can work for different customers without the customer having to pay an extra user. This will allow to have more customers sticking with odoo for accounting. At the moment, especially 2 users company will hesitate to integrate accounting as they suddenly jump from 0 to 360€ per month, if they have an accountant working for them in Odoo. The same for external consultants working for customers using oDoo. If a customer needs support, he may jump to a massive bill that will have to be added to his during the time he needs that support.

The functional support per package is also something very strange from my point of view. Per definition, an ERP is integrated so that a problem in finance, for instance may come from logistics. So what happens in this case, if the customer has only signed up for finance support? Will the functional supporter tell the customer he needs to apply for logistics support if he discovers the problem is in one of the logistics module?

There are further aspects of the pricing I do not understand:
1. How come is billing separate? Can you have billing without sales or project?
2. How can someone create sales order and not bill them in the system?

In the business package, you have some customisation, training material and requirement analysis.

1. Let's say a customer wants to have something done, so he may have the business package for one month until it's done or do you have a minimum duration for the business package?
2. How much in advance can a customer resign it's contract. This is unfortunately not stipulated on the pricing website.
3. If my customer wants a partner to make support and training and any changes in his odoo database. Is this possible?
4. Will it be possible in the future to install uncertified packages for the online platform especially in accounting as most countries are not covered yet with the standard packages?
5. If a customer had a business package for a few months, will he after cancelling his business subscription still have access to the training documentation?

Thank you for the answers.
Eva P.