Flexible Tax Engine :: ER Model Proposition

*Hola a Todos*

previous disccuion led to a quite precise action path in the context of an
colombian localization. We have analyzed some approaches around the world
which could help us map our tax requirements.

We have seen modules krafted by Akretion in Brasil and made available to
the comunity under the umbrella of OCA. We decided to build on top of these
approaches. However in the intense discussion in previous threads, we have
come up with an issue of beeing somwhat less flexible, less generic and
less dynamic as it should be, and therefore not optimally abstractable.

We analyzed the situation an came to the conclusion, that a somewhat
flexible tax engine, which respects many country specialties, is not that
hard thing to achieve. In contrary, to me, it rather seems quite *obvious,
logic and simple, *what needs to be done. (there are some 4 weeks of
intense think on this)

I invite you, to help us review the basic ER Model set out here:
http://goo.gl/LsnBTH (afaik you can comment on it with google docs
commenting function)

*The guiding principles are:*

-* allocation sets* (of taxes) - "tax packages"
- rules to apply those allocation sets, transforming fiscal_position_rule
to somewhat "*fiscal_allocation_rule*"
- and a somwhat new concept, which is at the moment partly inherent in
"fiscal_position" and "product_fiscal_classification" which will be
*fiscal_attributes*. Those attributes have their use case (partner,
product), which could be quite easily extendible to tag invoice lines for
example with their own set of fiscal attributes.

As a second layer everything is contained within *specific domains*, which
can be clustered arround tax concepts. The reason for this is to tear apart
complexity and allow for a flexible re-combination of tax packages and an
isolation of the logic around a specific domain (to avoide the
10x10x10x10x10x10x10 cases problem - which cannot be maintained by humans).

Please feel free to contribute however you want, I hope to be able to learn
how to host sprints on that topic and make it a somwhat more global effort,
but not necessarely.

I hope this will in some sooner or later future be adopted under the
umbrella of OCA. Nothing less, nothing more.

I think this is quite an ambitious start for some newcomers, but please
look beyond that and convince yourself of the usefulness. (Logic is not so
much an experience thing)

*Best, and thanks for your feedback on the ERM*

 *Y cordiales saludos a los combattantes fiscales sudamericanos :)*

David

*David Arnold B.A. HSG*
*Gerente*

+57 315 304 1368
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.elaleman.co

​El Alemán S.A.S, Carrera 13 # 93 - 40 P4, Bogotá D.C, Colombia

Follow ups