Re: Asset - report

On 2014-06-10 09:49, Luc De Meyer wrote:

Please consider another issue:
The current model does not support changes in asset duration (Number of Depreciations/Years) during life span.

tax authorities and real life (substantial repair) require sometimes change in the Number of Years an asset can be used *after* the repair (especially buildings) extended lifetime. Hence we would like to store the number of remaining periods in the yearly depreciation records. If the duration changes it's easy to just change this value.

Ferdinand,

We have made a new version of the account_asset module which we also
presented during the OpenDays2014.
You can find the module (for V8) on
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~noviat/openobject-addons/extra-trunk.

Assets now support the full asset life-cycle (from asset creation to asset
removal), take into account extended/shortened fiscal years and you can have
the full reporting via export (with totalisation via parent assets of type
'view').
We are also working on a reporting wizard which will allow you to select the
fiscal year and the subset of assets you want to report on and we'll
generate an excel report with the result (via the 'report_xls' reporting
engine).

We'll publish a V7 backport of this functionality (under the names
'account_asset_management' and 'account_asset_management_xls') later this
month via the OCA (and we assume that odoo will agree to merge the V8
version of the base module so that we'll only publish the xls reporting
add-on via OCA).

Regards,
Luc

www.noviat.com